Bronx Car Accident Lawyer
Bronx car accident statistics
Approximately 1,408,473 people live in Bronx County. Bronx is the second smallest county in New York City, consisting of approximately 42 miles of land.
Bronx car accidents happen often because of the major highways that go throughout the county. In the Bronx, there is the Bronx River Parkway, the Bruckner Expressway, the Cross-Bronx Expressway, the New England Thruway, the Henry Hudson Parkway, the Hutchinson River Parkway, and the Major Deegan Expressway.
There are also several major tunnels and bridges connected to the Bronx. Some of these structures include the Spuyten Duyvil Bridge, the Henry Hudson Bridge, the Broadway Bridge, the University Heights Bridge, the Washington Bridge, the Alexander Hamilton Bridge, the High Bridge, the Concourse Tunnel, the Macombs Dam Bridge, the 145th Street Bridge, the 149th Street Tunnel, the Madison Avenue Bridge, the Park Avenue Bridge, the Lexington Avenue Tunnel, the Third Avenue Bridge, the Robert F. Kennedy Bridge, the Bronx Whitestone Bridge and the Throgs Neck Bridge.
Courthouses in the Bronx
Bronx car accident cases are litigated in the Bronx County Supreme Court. This is there you file your lawsuits, argue motions, and try cases.
The Bronx County Courthouse is located at 851 Grand Concourse Avenue, Bronx, New York.
Where to report your Bronx car accident
If you are involved in a car accident call 911 immediately. The operators will transfer your call to the local police.
The New York City Policy Department has four precincts in the Bronx:
- 40th Precinct: (718) 402-2270 257 Alexander Avenue
- 41st Precinct: (718) 542-4771 1035 Longwood Avenue
- 42nd Precinct: (718) 402-3887 830 Washington Avenue
- 43rd Precinct: (718) 542-0888 900 Fteley Avenue
- 44th Precinct: (718) 590-5511 2 East 169th Street
- 45th Precinct: (718) 822-5411 2877 Barkley Avenue
- 46th Precinct: (718) 220-5211 2120 Ryer Avenue
- 47th Precinct: (718) 920-1211 4111 Laconia Avenue
- 48th Precinct: (718) 299-3900 450 Cross Bronx Expressway
- 49th Precinct: (718) 918-2000 2121 Eastchester Road
- 50th Precinct: (718) 543-5700 3450 Kingsbridge Avenue
- 52nd Precinct: (718) 220-5811 3016 Webster Avenue
Recent Bronx car accident settlements and jury verdicts
Below are several Bronx car accident settlements and jury verdicts. These are all reported, to let a victim have a realistic expectation of what they should be able to receive:
- E.A. v. GREEN: Settled $10,000.00.E.A., a 10-year-old boy, reportedly sufferedbulging cervical and lumbar discs, as well as cervical and lumbar strains when a car he was in was hit from behind. The case settled for $10,500.
- JOHNSTON v. JACKSON: Verdict $600,000.00. Johnston suffered a knee injury that required arthroscopic surgery and back and shoulder sprains when a car he was a passenger in was hit. The jury reached a verdict for the in the amount of $600,000.
- MOHAMMED V. POWER CONSULTANTS INC.: Verdict $50,000.00. Mohamed was driving on the Brooklyn-Queens Expressway when he was involved in an accident. He had unspecified injuries. The jury gave Mohammed $50,000.00.
We will also update our personal injury blog with cases of interest.