Manhattan Car Accident Lawyer
Manhattan car accident statistics
Manhattan has over 1,619,090 residences. While heavily populated, in 2000, only 22.5% of households owned a car.
Most Manhattan car accidents happen on either the busy streets, or the FDR Drive and Harlem River Drive. The George Washington Bridge is the world’s busiest motor vehicle bridge.
Courthouses in the Manhattan
Manhattan car accident cases are litigated in the New York County Supreme Court. This is there you file your lawsuits, argue motions, and try cases.
The New York County courthouse is located at 60 Centre Street, New York, New York.
Where to report your Manhattan car accident
If you are involved in a car accident call 911 immediately. The operators will transfer your call to the local police.
The New York City Policy Department has four precincts in Manhattan:
- 1st Precinct (212) 334-0611 16 Ericsson Place
- 5th Precinct (212) 334-0711 19 Elizabeth Street
- 6th Precinct (212) 741-4811 233 West 10 Street
- 7th Precinct (212) 477-7311 19 1/2 Pitt Street
- 9th Precinct (212) 477-7811 321 East 5 Street
- 10th Precinct (212) 741-8211 230 West 20th Street
- 13th Precinct (212) 477-7411 230 East 21st Street
- Midtown So. Pct. (212) 239-9811 357 West 35th Street
- 17th Precinct (212) 826-3211 167 East 51st Street
- Midtown No. Pct. (212) 767-8400 306 West 54th Street
- 19th Precinct (212) 452-0600 153 East 67th Street
- 20th Precinct (212) 580-6411 120 West 82nd Street
- Central Park Pct. (212) 570-4820 86th St & Transverse Road
- 23rd Precinct (212) 860-6411 162 East 102nd Street
- 24th Precinct (212) 678-1811 151 West 100th Street
- 25th Precinct (212) 860-6511 120 East 119th Street
- 26th Precinct (212) 678-1311 520 West 126th Street
- 28th Precinct (212) 678-1611 2271-89 8th Avenue
- 30th Precinct (212) 690-8811 451 West 151st Street
- 32nd Precinct (212) 690-6311 250 West 135th Street
- 33rd Precinct (212) 927-3200 2207 Amsterdam Avenue
- 34th Precinct (212) 927-9711 4295 Broadway
Recent Manhattan car accident settlements and jury verdicts
Below are several Manhattan car accident settlements and jury verdicts. These are all reported, to let a victim have a realistic expectation of what they should be able to receive:
- HARMON v. GOMEZ: $75,000.00 Jury Verdict. Harmon’s car was hit from behind. She suffered herniation and disc bulges. The jury reached a $75,000.00 verdict for Harmon.
- M.E. v. HINES: Jury Verdict $818,800.00. M.E. was a passenger in a car that was hit. M.E. sought damages of medical expenses and pain and suffering. The jury found the defendant 100% at fault and awarded M.E. $500,000 for past pain and suffering, $3,800 for past medical expenses, and $315,000 for future pain and suffering.
We will also update our personal injury blog with cases of interest.