Queens Car Accident Lawyer
Queens car accident statistics
Queens county is the second largest county in New York, with more than 2,272,771 residences. Many Queens car accidents occur on the busy highways that go through Queens.
The Long Island Expressway (Interstate 495) runs throughout Queens. The Grand Central Parkway, the Belt Parkway the Brooklyn-Queens Expressway (Interstate 278), the Van Wyck Expressway (Interstate 678), the Clearview Expressway (Interstate 295), and the Cross Island Parkway are also major highways in Queens.
Courthouses in the Queens, New York
Queens car accident cases are litigated in the Queens County Supreme Court. This is there you file your lawsuits, argue motions, and try cases.
The Queens County courthouse is located at 88-11 Sutphin Blvd, Jamaica, NY 11435.
Where to report your Queens car accident
If you are involved in a car accident call 911 immediately. The operators will transfer your call to the local police.
The New York City Policy Department has four precincts in Queens:
- 100th Precinct (718) 318-4200 92-24 Rockaway Beach Boulevard
- 101st Precinct (718) 868-3400 16-12 Mott Avenue
- 102nd Precinct (718) 805-3200 87-34 118th Street
- 103rd Precinct (718) 657-8181 168-02 P.O Edward Byrne Ave.
- 104th Precinct (718) 386-3004 64-2 Catalpa Avenue
- 105th Precinct (718) 776-9090 92-08 222nd Street
- 106th Precinct (718) 845-2211 103-53 101st Street
- 107th Precinct (718) 969-5100 71-01 Parsons Boulevard
- 108th Precinct (718) 784-5411 5-47 50th Avenue
- 109th Precinct (718) 321-2250 37-05 Union Street
- 110th Precinct (718) 476-9311 94-41 43rd Avenue
- 111th Precinct (718) 279-5200 42-06 215th Street
- 112th Precinct (718) 520-9311 68-40 Austin Street
- 113th Precinct (718) 712-7733 167-02 Baisley Boulevard
- 114th Precinct (718) 626-9311 34-16 Astoria Boulevard
- 115th Precinct (718) 533-2002 92-15 Northern Boulevard
Recent Queens car accident settlements and jury verdicts
Below are several Queens car accident settlements and jury verdicts. These are all reported, to let a victim have a realistic expectation of what they should be able to receive:
- KIM v. SABORIDO: Verdict $15,000.00. Kim was in a 2000 Ford car when he was struck by a 1986 BMW. Kim said the defendant was negligent in the operation of his car. A jury found in favor of Kim for $15,000.00 for past pain and suffering, but it was increased to $25,000.00 by an agreement between the lawyers.
- BAO v. KINGLY COACH INC.: Verdict 2,500,000. Boa was a passenger in a bus that was rear ended by another bus. The jury awarded Bao $200,000 for past pain and suffering, $800,000 for future pain and suffering for 20 years and $1.5 million for future medical expenses for 20 years.
We will also update our personal injury blog with cases of interest.