New York Sexual Assault Lawyers
As New York sexual assault lawyers, we understand the traumatizing experience that you have gone through and work hard to ensure you receive justice. According to RAINN (Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network), the nation’s largest anti-sexual violence organization, seven out of ten assaults are committed by someone the victim knows:
Safe Horizons defines sexual assault as:
- Being forced to watch porn when you don’t want to.
- Being touched in a sexual manner against your will, regardless of where you were touched.
- Being prevented from using a condom or other protection during sex.
- Someone putting a penis, finger, or object in your vagina, mouth, or anus when you didn’t want them to.
- Coercion, including:
- Use of threats (i.e., if you don’t do this, I’ll get you in trouble)
- Intimidation (with looks, gestures, or body language)
- Encouraging or forcing you to drink or do drugs
- Use of a weapon
- Underlying threat of violence if you don’t submit (if there’s been violence in the past, for example)
- Not respecting someone saying “no” or “stop”
- Making you feel like you owe the person sex
Safe Horizons is a wonderful organization that provide support, prevent violence and promote justice for victims of crime and abuse, their families and communities. We always suggest you contact them for immediate help at 1-800-621-HOPE. As sexual assault lawyers, we can help you sue.
What Can Sexual Assault Lawyers Sue For?
As New York Sexual Assault Lawyers, we have sued perpetrators for damages including:
- Pain and suffering;
- Hospital bills;
- Punitive damages;
- Lost wages;
- Future medical expenses.